Rising Senior Virtual Backpack
Preparation for Senior Year
Use the Common App as a tool to explore your college's options. They have a pretty cool tool that will allow you to filter your options by location, campus setting, financial aid and much more!
Things to keep in mind:
- Your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Your SAT Score (if applicable; you will have the opportunity to test/retest senior year)
- Distance from your home (Commuting or staying on campus)
- What type of degree do you want? (2 year AA/AS or 4 year BA/BS)
Essay Ideas for College Applications
- Research prompts and sample essays from previous years to get an idea of the types of subjects and themes colleges request.
- Do more than just think about your answers to these questions. Actually write some ideas down so you have something to reference when it’s time to write. You can even write an outline or first draft for some essay topics.
- A stellar application essay is one of the ways you can make your application stand out, so give yourself ample time to produce the best essay you can.
Please remember that our personal statement is not a letter of sympathy, but more of sharing why you would be the best candidate for the institution.
If you haven’t taken the SAT or ACT exam — or you aren’t happy with your previous scores — use the summer to make sure you’re sufficiently prepared.
Click Here to take practice test over the summer. A little extra work can go a long way when it come
Explore Colleges Virtually
Nothing is more valuable in getting a sense of a school than a campus visit. If you’re interested in participating in a virtual tour, check the college websites to see what tours they offer… and Here are 10 tips to get the most out of your college visits!
- Student and Parent Social Security Cards
- Parent(s) tax returns
- Parent(s) 2020 W-2
- Proof of Citizenship
- Alien Registration, Permanent Resident Card, Green Card - if applicable
- Letter from parent/guardian with the household size
- Letter stating what the family receives from Public Assistance (if applicable)
- If parents are married, remarried, divorced, or separated (please provide the month and year of that event)